Sunday, March 29, 2009

Why?

I just want to know why do I come up with all kinds of absolutely fabulous and "do-able" remodeling ideas for my home, when we can't do a single one because of our budget? I find that very curious. Usually I am stuck with some kind of design brain freeze, but today.... in my mind I completely redid two upstairs bedrooms relocating walls, doors, and closets, and remodeled my entire kitchen. Now what is up with that???

Too bad we are on Baby Step 2 of the Dave Ramsey Plan and paying off all our debt(except the house). We'll be starting Baby Step 3 hopefully this summer. That step involves having an Emergency fund of 3-6 months salary saved should we lose a job or something. I know I will be thankful when all this is done, and we actually have a cushion to fall back on and our debt is gone. It's just hard now. I guess I'll just draw up the ideas and keep working on them. They'll be ready for us when we have the cash in hand. :-)

2 comments:

Mamosa said...

I can relate. I went to sleep last night thinking of kitchen colors and fabric prints to make roman shades for my bay window in the kitchen. No money, though...so only in my dreams! I should know by now not to look at The Nester's website.

hsm2twins said...

We've been there and done that~paying off debt, stashing cash for an emergency fund, etc. AND it is very painful. We did it when I worked, so much of my paycheck I never saw. Painful and honestly, I hated it. But now, I am so glad we did. You can do it!!