Sunday, April 26, 2009

Rocking Chair Renovation!

Last year I found these rocking chairs locally for $25 a piece. Dh drove after work and strapped them to the back of his little Audi. They are super sturdy, almost Cracker Barrel quality, but needed a LOT of TLC. The finish on them was the worst, peeling varnish and rough like they had been left in the elements for a long time. Here is what they looked like when they brought them home.

I spent many many hours sanding these... Did I mention MANY HOURS?? lol! But it was so worth it because the finish is so smooth now. Then I began the process of priming. We chose gray to start us off, since I knew our final paint color would be black. It helped to lesson the amount of coats of black paint I would need in the end.

Here they are primed with the gray color:


Finally I put two coats of gloss black paint on them. I decided to leave the rush seats the natural color and I'm SO glad that I did! They look awesome. I added some rocker cushions and pillows that I purchased at Target. They now grace our front porch and look amazing! Dh saw the last photo and was so pleased... he said it looked like they were out of a magazine. Aww... Thanks honey! Total cost was around $55 for the cushions and paint! Yay!


4 comments:

Mamosa said...

They are amazing! You're so decor savvy!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Wow!!! Those look incredible!!! I just want to sit there and rock and drink a glass of iced tea! You are really good at this stuff...wanna come to Kansas..I have a LOT of projects for you.

Kristine

Nekey said...

Awesome!

Dan and Alicia Marlowe said...

What a find! You did an amazing job on those.