Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Remodeling Itch...

I'm not sure how many people can relate to this, but it has been quite some time since we have remodeled and I am getting the itch to begin again.

Last night I needed to buy some spray paint to paint some picture frames. I stopped at Lowe's to pick up the spray paint. As I was walking into the store, I realized that it was well over 6 months since I had been in there. 6 months!! And I love that store!

We have been diligently saving money for a two-fold purpose. One is to get out of debt, and the other is to save for our adoption. Anyone who is focused solely on that, will concur that there is just nothing that can go towards home remodeling. Especially when that remodeling is not a "necessity".

So, I'm thinking of projects that I can do that are very cost effective. One of those is taking the jerseys that are hanging over my boys dressers, and changing the name on the backs of each one to reflect each boys name. Then I will hang them on dowel rods over each bed.

The second project in my head that would cost next to nothing is finally using the fabric I bought to make door panels for our french doors in the living room. The blanket that has been hanging there for the past two years has got to go! lol!

Both of these require sewing.... a task that I have never been taught and that while dh can do.... he loathes. So, we'll see if we can manage it, and if he can teach me. Patience Patience patience.....

No comments: