Sunday, June 3, 2007

Nightstand/Bookcase!

I had just posted to the ladies in my homeschool support group that I went yard saleing this weekend and it was a total bust.... not a nightstand or bookcase to be found. I went to a TON too! So, I intended to stop at the antique mall on Sunday afternoon and see what I could find. I had been visiting the antique mall, about 2x a week for the last 3 weeks. So, I wasn't optimistic. It's a large store with lots of vendors, and I typically start out walking the entire thing, row by row, right to left. As I am going I am looking at prices for things that I don't necessarily love. You know things, I could re-do to make work... $125, $85, $75 and one $65. I wanted to pay around $40 for a nightstand or bookcase. So, as I am walking around the store I am talking to the Lord.. "Lord, I will be patient as long as you want. You know I don't want to spend a lot of money on this, and I don't really want to settle on something I don't like and pay more for it. I've been checking every week.... here, goodwill, thrift stores..... please help me to find a nightstand or bookcase."

I was heading around to the very last row, at the back of the store. And there was a booth that was almost completely empty. The dealer of that booth had everything 50% off for 2 weeks, and he must not have been renewing his contract. Now everything was gone, except for the three bookcases he displayed things on! Two were not real wood, and were a little small, but one was just about perfect.... it looked to be the same finish wood as the boys beds and dressers (red/brown maple/very hard to find). It was just a little wider in depth than a bookcase, and had several layered shelves that I could use to display things on. It was high enough to still place a lamp on top, and just wide enough to fit nicely between the two beds. Really I couldn't ask for more....not even the price. $10.00!! I took the post it note and walked right up to the front, thinking as I was walking and looking at furniture still... "Jackie, what are you still looking for?? That piece is so obviously yours". :o) So, I'm thanking the Lord for His provision! I never get tired of seeing how He works in the big things and small....

P.S. When I gather some things to put on the bookcase, I'll snap a picture!

3 comments:

Christina said...

Hooray! Sounds like an awesome find. I love those kind of moments. I can't wait to see pictures.

Nekey said...

Yeah Jackie! That's wonderful! It is amazing to look back and see all that the Lord has provided both big and small.

jeannie said...

Whooo Hooooo! You sure have been LOOKING for awhile... It was worth the wait... What an SUPER find...