Saturday, December 1, 2007

My computer....RIP

Yep, my computer died this past week. I'm currently sans cpu tower, and am borrowing my husband's laptop in the evenings. Not having a computer, I've noticed two things.... One, how much I miss my own system, keyboard etc. Not having a computer during the day is a bummer. Just doing simple things like checking the weather, or email, or Christmas shopping, I'm unable to do...and I miss that! The second thing is I'm amazed by how much work I can get accomplished around this house, when I don't have that computer around! :-)

Thanksgiving went great! It really was a wonderful time, and the preparations came together well in the end. I will say that my sister's first words when she saw the bathroom cabinets were "they're not too light". I had emailed her photos of them, and she said it is definitely my camera that is causing the color to be off. So I was glad to hear that! lol! Right now are taking we are break from the renovation scene, since we had to pay for a new computer. But I have small goals for January.

One thing that I am not great at, is finishing touches. I like to see the big picture, and plan and design, but the little details (curtains, lamps, wall pictures etc) well I don't enjoy all of that. So, lots of times that never gets done. I still don't have a lamp for my kids bookcase, even though it's been several months since we completed their room. Plus they have a hug wall (two actually) that are blank. So my goal for January is to finish off several of the rooms we remodeled. The boys bedroom, as well as the bathroom, and the living room. We have hung a blanket up on our atrium door windows for the last year and a 1/2 in the living room for privacy. I'm definitely going to finish that off! I have the fabric for curtain panels....so I have to get it done! (Did I mention that I don't sew!) I'll be getting ready to teach myself soon....

A repairman mentioned how much he liked our house today. And it really gave me pause to think. You know... so do I. I love this house, and no matter how much certain things bother me about it.... we have been blessed with this house. I am so very thankful for it, and as I walked around in it today, I felt quite comfortable, almost cozy, in this space that has become our home.

2 comments:

Anne A. said...

I'm making the blog rounds and wanted to say Hi Jackie because I haven't seen you in a long time.

jeannie said...

Hey Jackie
I bet it is a BUMMER not to have a puter.
You know you are right you do get more done without it though.
Glad to see you post.

jeannie