Tuesday, December 11, 2007

New Computer is somewhat connected....

Well, it's here and I'm typing on it, but I guess I'm just going to have to get used to it. It's a lap top which is great, but everything is not hooked up as it should be or back to normal. I'm supposed to have a docking station to hook into so that I can use the keyboard and our regular monitor. For some reason that isn't working. Then I have no idea but my cable internet service is not working either....again no idea why. I have to call t hem. Finally, I really wanted to be able to print from anywhere in my house to my printer, but we need a special USB connector for that as my printer is not wireless compatible or something. Then too my outlook is not up and running, and so my email isn't working like it should. I guess it will all come together eventually....give it a few more days.

On the house front, nothing much new is going on. We are still in the process of decorating for Christmas. I was away visiting my sister for 4 days, so we've been putting things up slowly but surely since our return. The trees are up....we have 3. Two artificial that cost me $10 together, and one real one in the living room. The lights around our house have been up since the weekend after Thanksgiving. They look pretty. I really should take a picture of both of them and our real tree. We have one scrawny artificial type tree in the kids room, and we still need to decorate it with all the ornaments that are sentimental to me. Some the kids made, and some I made, when I was a kid.

No new projects until the New Year. But I will be baking lots and lots of Christmas cookies in the coming days to send off to dh's work and to give to various neighbors and church folks. I'll see how my computer is working in the next few days and try to post pictures soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are home from your sisters, safely.
And, I glad you got another computer!
We, too, will be baking cookies next week.
:o)
So, did you have bruises last week? LOL

jeannie said...

I am SO glad to be seeing you POST....
Post MORE.... That is how I know what is going on with ya...
jeannie