Sunday, June 22, 2008

Organizing Closets

First, I have to say I am kicking myself that I forgot to take a before picture of our master bedroom closet. Dh and I already moved all the junk out, and rearranged the clothes. Even if I took a picture now, it still wouldn't reflect on how bad the closet actually looked.

Having said, that I will show an after shot. When we bought our house the people utilized closet maid organizers. I am not a real fan of this product in general. I really don't care for the metal and the slotted shelves are just waiting for things to fall through the cracks. But as you know we are a frugal family, and had no intention of completely ripping out the material that already was available...just for brand new. We are all about utilizing what we have, and making it work for us.

So, dh went to Lowe's today and got a few more items and accessories that would help organize the closet to suit our needs. One thing we needed was a shoe organizer. Actually dh purchased two of these. Very helpful, as our shoes are here, there and everywhere.... and we don't even have a lot of shoes!

The tie racks we already had, but we purchased some additional shelving and pegs for hats etc. Here is a finished photo showing how organized it is! I just sooo appreciate when things are put together. We will begin working on clearing out the two guest closets this week. I hope to remember before and after photos of those!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I just came across your blog. I love those shoe organizers. I also am trying to find a good organizer. Where did you get yours. I was going to buy something similar at Target but the cubby holes were too small. Is that two on top of each other?

Mama Fish said...

The shoe organizer is Closetmaid and it is at Lowe's. I do believe that this is sold at Target too, so it may be the one you saw. The compartments are on the smaller side, and so some of my shoes take up two slots. Sandals etc can fit in one slot. They are stackable organizers...so yep one is on top of the other. Hope that helps!

Mamosa said...

Looks terrific! I just LOVE organizing thingys!