Saturday, June 28, 2008

Our Yard

After giving my van a very good detailing today and washing the windows both inside and out... we began to focus on the outside of our home. There are so many projects to keep up with...it can seem never-ending.

Though like any other thing in life, I'm learning it's about a little self discipline. Now don't get me wrong, I don't think that self discipline is the answer for everything... but it's something that I am learning...personally. And as I am learning it in one area of my life, it spills over into other areas.....

For instance our yard, which I have posted in the past is just daggone awful. The bare spots are worse than last year, and we cancelled our lawn service to save money....so I think the weeds may get worse. We have a neighbor who has a beautiful lawn. It isn't because his land is better than ours...it's the same earth, for the most part. The difference is that he tends to his yard. He takes the time to work on those weeds and to fertilize it in the spring and fall. He waters it, and overseeds it. Sure it sounds like a lot of work, but it's sustained over a long period of time. He isn't out there every weekend working on that yard.... he's enjoying it. Because he has put in the time, in small increments, to tend to his lawn.

Our yard isn't going to change overnight. Not hardly. There isn't a quick fix, it's going to take some effort, and consistency on our part. Not all at once, but little by little it will improve, if we make the time to tend to it. Just like those others areas of my life. :-)




1 comment:

Mamosa said...

Same here...but I can't overseed our fescue lawn until the fall. For that reason, I'm afraid to kill the weeds, at least they are green so our lawn looks nice from a distance!