Sunday, May 20, 2007

"Closing in on it".....

That's dh's saying and it is so true for our boys room! Almost all the painting is done. Dh and I found a trim for around the windows that we liked, and it is up and painted and looks GREAT! We both used the word to describe it..."It makes the window look more substantial". I think that the trim looks so good, it's like a piece of art in the room. I will not be putting up any curtains, as it is too pretty to cover. The window has plantation blinds, so privacy will not be an issue.

Dh still needs to patch the carpet, and we decided we will be replacing the ceiling fan. I found one at Lowe's that I like...and it has more of an antique feel to it. I'm not sure if I mentioned why I decided to replace the fan, instead of painting it. The main reason is that it sounds quite sick at a low speed. I turned the fan on one evening and switched it to low...when I heard the sound, I thought, "why am I going to waste my time repainting a fan that isn't even quiet?" So, we will be replacing it this week. And I'll be on the hunt for a nightstand/bookcase for the room. Dh still needs to build some type of shelves/cubbies/trophy case for each boy. But we'll do that after they are back in the room. I also found an old baseball glove of dh's when he was a kid, and I think I might display it on the wall with a baseball and old bat. Very cool vintage.

I hope that dh will be done with the final trim painting, so I can post pictures sometime tomorrow. (At least of the window and closets). I'm excited to show off this new window moulding. lol! It's the little things isn't it?

1 comment:

Christina said...

I can't wait to see pictures! Sounds wonderful.