Friday, May 4, 2007

New growth....

Just a little update, I still have not ventured to look for a paint color. Not quite ready to do that yet..... :o) However, the closets are almost together. Dh is putting the final coat on the shelves this evening, and then he will spray them with a clear enamel protectant tomorrow. The dowel rods are up and I actually have clothes on them. (yes, I'm a happy camper!) This evening, dh and I will be exchanging some bins that will go on the closet shelves, and tomorrow evening our closets should be d-o-n-e done. Yeah!

We still have the paint color to select and the trim to do. Perhaps we'll find a color this evening. I'm not as rushed to move the kids back into that room, as I want to take my time and get it right. Today we plan to go look a night table...at an antique center nearby. The boys enjoy to go there and check out all the old stuff. I love that they are developing an interest in old things and history. I hope to post updated photos when the paint color is finalized.

Finally, I have some good news! (Small really in the scheme of things, but good none the less).... our crape myrtles that I was so concerned about after that cold snap...are finally showing new growth! What a joy to see that every time I drive by! Unfortunately the lace leaf dwarf maple, has begun to look even more pitiful than the picture I posted a few weeks ago. So, I'll be reading up on what to do to help that little tree out. Overall, while we don't have the splendid spring we were originally on track for.... it won't be a total loss either. Our daylilies have begun to bloom (those hardy things), and I think the cottage roses will soon boast some new blooms as well. I'll take some pictures in a few weeks when they really flower out!

No comments: