Sunday, April 29, 2007

UGH...The paint saga continues.....

I just wanted to blog one thing tonight.... I'm so discouraged. The paint I chose for the walls is the wrong color. I'm quite frustrated with myself, not only for the work it took to paint it...but the money I spent. The color is too red...it has a red/pink undertone. It was just a square and you would think I would remember my lesson about that from my kitchen cabinets. UGH! If there is a square(paint chip) and there is no "family of paint colors with it", always always always ask for the color tints that make up that paint chip. So I am back to square one, and the white I chose for the trim was also too bright.... (dayglo white).

I'm just going to let it sit for a few days and come back to this room when I have a clearer head, and perspective. Let this be a lesson for friends, I am not good at picking paint!

4 comments:

jeannie said...

You know Jackie I am the same way with color. We have painted the entire room and I dont like it. So we have to redo. So I understand what you are going through...

Mama Fish said...

Thanks Jeannie- It's nice to know someones else can paint an entire room, not like the color, and then repaint it. I'm not even going to look at paint for a few days! :)

Susan said...

Well at least you have a husband that loves you so much that he'll do it for you!! :o) (looking at the bright side right?) My parents painted my foyer in a color that I chose but knew was wrong when it was going on. They refused to listen to me...about my own home. Here we are 3 years later with PINK!!! I hope to change it sometime soon. ;o)

Mama Fish said...

LOL! Oh Susan, I can count on you to make me smile. :o) Thanks my friend, and if you ever need help changing that color.... give me a call. I won't help pick the paint, but I can help put it on.... ;o)