Thursday, April 26, 2007

Progress....

The shelves are up in the closet! Woohoo! This is big stuff, and it has been quite a lot of work for dh. We have to prime and paint them white next, so they won't stick out like a sore thumb, when you look in the closet. But they are built, and dh is quite pleased with himself. (As well he should be). I think it helps that he is an engineer and he actually likes to draw to scale, figure out measurements on paper, then mark the wall or wood and measure 3-4 more times and then cut...etc. That would drive me crazy, I have no patience for that kind of detail work. So, I am definitely grateful for his talent in this area.

DH is hoping to have the closet done and the dowel rods up by this weekend. I sure am hoping too, because NOW the clothes are not just in that temporary closet. Since that is a mess, and packed full, the kiddos have begun to use the air hockey table as the place for all clothes that won't fit in the closet. (Now I really don't like to go in that playroom!) Oh how hopeful I am to be able to hang their clothes back up into their closets this weekend.

I have a humorous story to share about my paint selection. As you know I sent dh to the store with the two samples of paint that I liked so we could "audition" them. Those went up on the wall a week ago, and I thought they were a bit dark and they were also very close in color. This evening I took one of the quilts that will go in the room, and went to try to find another paint to audition. I found two that I thought might work. One I felt was pretty close, (Antique by Waverly) and the other I thought, might be dark...but I wanted to see it on the wall anyway...(Khaki by Waverly). So I put the antique on the wall and I ask dh what he thinks. He says, "it looks.... it looks really close to the other colors you have on the wall." Good grief I think.... these ladies are not going to believe that I picked another color so close to the other two! So, as I'm closing up the small paint can, and placing it on the shelf next to the others, I take a look at all my colors so far. Yes, there is Hotel wheat......I remember that one well...and what's this one?..... Antique by Waverly....oh yes, that's what I just put on the wall.... and what's this one...I forget what I picked....? Ummm..... Antique by Waverly? What? I picked the same color twice? LOL! No wonder the color looked so close. I had no idea that I picked the same audition tonight that I had dh get a sample of last week. Can you guess which one we are leaning toward? I guess the one I liked enough to pick twice! Anyway, here are some pictures for you of the closet with shelves and the 3 paint samples. Which one do you like?

Here is a good look at the three colors. One is hotel wheat, one is khaki and one is antique....can you tell which is which? Note the Mountain Dew, dh's favorite drink.


The picture to the right shows a piece of our new wide baseboard molding.






Here is the closet, the wood sticks out like a sore thumb to me when I look at this. But it will all blend nicely, when it is painted. Also the frame and closet doors are not up. The shelves will hardly stick out at all once those pieces are up. Right now they look out of proportion to the closet, but they'll look better when the doors are up. I sure hope I can post a picture of a finished closet soon!


No comments: