Saturday, April 28, 2007

Slow and Steady.....

I have to remind myself....slow and steady wins the race. Not like we are trying to win a race or anything. It's just I forget when we are remodeling, that it affects almost every part of the house. I don't know why this is...but when things are in different locations, different rooms, thrown anywhere, I become more overwhelmed. I know people who have remodeled know what I am talking about. It's like you have one room in the house that is tidy, for me it's our homeschool room. It's good for me to visit this room often for my own sanity. Almost every other room becomes a holding place for either remodeling stuff, or a temporary holding place for the things that will go in the remodeled room. Ack!

Good news, we returned some things that we did not need for the room. Some bins that I bought for the shelves were not the correct color (too red). I bought some smaller bins for the kiddos to store their treasures and keepsakes. It will be a good thing! I bought the paint (Antique by Waverly) and also the white trim paint for all the trim work and the closet. We begin painting this evening, and will hopefully be done with the closet tonight. Perhaps Monday I can begin to hang clothes and set up shelves. Dh and I still need to purchase all the trim from Home depot. I guess the trim work will be a project for next weekend. We are replacing the window sill as well. Our windows originally had no trim at all. We think the previous owner added this pre-made trim, and as you can see from the pictures it doesn't meet the window sill. That sticking out bit is in every room, and it's gonna go.



This has been one of the biggest projects for us,(in our new home) and we aren't through yet! After we get the trim up, dh will be making wall cubbies w/hooks to house their sports trophies and their ballcaps. I was hoping to get to some yard sales today to search for a night stand or book shelf in wood to place between the twin beds. And, I have to re-do their ceiling fan. I'm still not sure if I am going to paint it and buy new blades, or just find one on sale somewhere. It's almost easier to do the latter, but if the cost is significantly different, then I'll be painting it.... Here's a photo:


No comments: