Saturday, April 21, 2007

Paint- A love/hate relationship.

(I use that title tongue in cheek, as I guess re-reading my post, I really do have that kind of relationship with paint. lol!)

The walls have been primed! Yippee! I have both colors "auditioned" on the wall. Do you think they work? Really.... given my track record... that would be a "NO". I wonder if I am just no good at picking paint. I know I've been called color sensitive .... but you would think I would be so sensitive that I would be able to "see with my eyes" what paint chip color would work, instead of having to audition thousands! (Okay, thousands is a slight exaggeration, perhaps 5....but still!!) I think the color I chose for the walls is too dark. I actually chose two colors, and when I put them up, they look almost identical. LOL! I thought... good grief why did I bother. lol! So, I'm headed back to Lowe's tomorrow to look at some more color chips. Something in like a light brown sugar color would be great.

We selected our baseboard height. Dh brought home a sample and I absolutely love it. Now that is a good thing, because when I remodel, I can have three reactions, "love it", "can't stand it", and "unsure of it" (which is my most dreaded). The fact that I love the baseboard is great. I don't usually waver at all when I give that reaction. It's when I have an "unsure of it" reaction, that dh knows it's gonna probably change. We looked for window and door trim today, but not seeing what we needed, dh said he might have to build it himself. (I didn't even have to tell him). He really does like to build things. :-)

So while dh and I were painting the walls in the kids room, and I said, "I love the smell of paint, it's intoxicating." Dh said, "Yes, the smell of paint means progress". LOL! Oh how true, and he hit the nail right on the head. I guess dh is right, it signals progress on our remodeling. But it also brings a sense of comfort to me, as I think about all the wonderful memories we have made renovating our home.

2 comments:

Christina said...

I, too, love the smell of paint. It kind of symbolizes a new beginning of sorts. It is such a fresh, clean smell. If you ever get bored and want a project that will make your head spin, come on over! There are so many projects to tackle! LOL

Mama Fish said...

Christina- No you don't want me to come on over! You want my dh....he's the one who does most of the work.