Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Just a few pictures....

Here are a few pictures of the closets...before and after....




These are the old closets before dh moved them over... Also notice the old thinner baseboard.






These are the new closets painted white with the new wall color. The baseboard is about 3 inches thicker as well. (Notice the carpet patch is not done yet...) :o)






Here are photos of the windows. I can't get a good after shot... the lighting wouldn't cooperate. I'll try to get a better picture this weekend. I thought I had a before shot of the whole window, but I don't.




Anyway, I guess the thing that strikes me about the new trim is that it looks more custom made than the old. Notice how the window apron (under the sill) comes out to meet the side trim. Dh did a good job!



Here is what we have left to do: install the carpet patch, replace the ceiling fan. Thanks to Susan for the hydrogen peroxide info. That small blood stain is almost all out of the quilt. It is hardly noticeable. It must have really been set in because it took me 4 hours with a small Q-tip just soaking on the spot to get it to where you would hardly notice it. Now I'll know for future reference what to do, so I can get the stain out as soon as I see it!

I still haven't found the nightstand. I even went to a local thrift shop. I've been checking ebay frequently too. Craigs list as well. I'm sure I'll find the right one at the right price eventually. :o) Once the room is put back together this Saturday, I'll take finished photos. I may not have everything I want on the walls yet, but the main work will be done, just the decorating finishes will be left. But, I finally feel like another room in the house is "ours" and not the previous owners. Yeah! (I redid an office into a homeschool room when we first moved in, and that one is definitely "ours" as well as our family room.)

That having been said, I am already excited about the next project. It's not big at all... and it's all outside. Dh needs to fix a few things that have not worked or have been broken recently due to our landscaping. Our lamppost has never worked, the power supply to it must have been cut prior to our purchasing the house. So dh is going to run electric back out to it, and we will be sprucing that thing up. Right now it has a very small lamp on it that is tilted when it was accidently hit by the mower. It's looking quite sad. I'm glad we'll be replacing it, as it was never quite to scale for the post/mailbox. Dh is going to trim some bushes back and generally shape up the landscape. I'm going to be potting flowers in lots of planters that I have. I never got them out last year, so I will be working on some hanging baskets and deck planters for the front porch and back deck. The back of our house could certainly use some color. I'll be sure to take before pictures of that as well. :-)

I'll leave you with one beautiful photo of our raised flower garden that we had before we moved. I wish I had raised beds like that here too, they are so easy to work with!

No comments: