Sunday, May 6, 2007

Finally- a color I love!

Yes, it is true I found a paint color for the boys room. But I'll get to that in a minute. Let me rewind just a day or so. Dh and I had a date night and had a lovely dinner out by ourselves. After dinner, I wasn't feeling quite right, but we ventured on anyway. We planned on going antiquing afterward, but the antique center was closed. So we headed to return the bins I mentioned in the previous post. Now, I have to tell you, I'm at this point not feeling very well. Not a good thing for date night and the start of our weekend. We pick up the boys and head home and I head to bed. I wake up Saturday, nauseous and not feeling real well. It's some kind of stomach virus. Gurgling stomach the works. I am not hungry, although I tried to eat a little toast etc late in the day. So it's now Sunday late afternoon, I've been in bed all weekend long with a stomach bug, and my stomach is still literally gurgling as I type. So not fun!

That being said, how could I possibly have picked a paint color? Because I have an awesome dh! He went down to get every beige brown color strip of Benjamin Moore at our local hardware store. He brought them up to our room and we each picked the ones we liked. He told me I need to go with a darker color, so I listened to him. We narrowed it down to two colors. He then drove back to the hardware store, got samples and came home to paint them on the walls. We each liked a different color, so we called the boys in and they chose the one they liked the best. (Mine) :0 Within the 1/2 hour dh was back down at the hardware store picking up a gallon and while I slept he painted the room. (He is a great man!)

Late Saturday evening, I went in to check the color with the quilt I bought for the beds. I heard something fall, but didn't pay too much attention.... when I went to leave not a few minutes later... a whole quart of white paint had fallen and spilled onto the middle of the carpeted floor!!!! Sick or not, I ran downstairs to get dh to do something. He was not his normal optimistic self, which did not bode well for the carpet. His immediate response was, "We'll have to replace the carpet." What?!?!? The carpet I was going to patch to save us a whole lot of money? Nu uh, not if I have anything to say about it. So, dh cleaned all of the top spill off with a paint spatula, and the he told me to go get the steam cleaner with warm water. I did and we went to work. I went online to to find out how to get large paint spills out of a carpet. We were doing everything we could, except we should steam the whole room, so there wouldn't be a light spot. So, we had to move everything out of the room (tons of all his tools, it looked like the garage). When that was complete, I told dh to go watch his movie, I'll finish the room.... he had done enough for the day as it was. We left the fan on and the windows open and you can not tell that a whole quart of white paint spilled on the carpet at all! Dh gave me a great compliment on how well I did cleaning it up. ( I was steam cleaning for over an hour). ;o)

So, now everything is out of the room, the carpet is clean, the closets are done, the paint is on the wall....and we are "closing in on it", as dh likes to say. Not a bad accomplishment for a totally sick weekend. I promise I will take pictures as soon as I feel better.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Jackie! what a weekend hun. I hope your tummy is feeling all better now. Congrats on the right paint color and saving the carpet too. You go girl!


Donna Scott

Karen said...

Oh, my!! I can't believe you got all that point out! Impressive :)