Monday, October 22, 2007

Another Progress report....

Tonight, I continued painting some of the cabinet drawers and doors. Then dh put them back onto the vanity base to see how I would like it. The faucets look really great...and they make our tired old 1980 something vanity top look new again. It shines up really well! The light fixtures fit the space well. So, I had dh also rest the mirror on top of the vanity top against the wall. UGH. It's throwing me off completely. It's almost a oil rubbed bronze finish... but not that dark. So, the one way I was considering taking the bathroom, the mirror is reminding me of that design idea. I have satin nickel and oil rubbed bronze together...and it's throwing off the cabinets base completely. I'm sooo not liking the white. I think it's the cabinet doors, they just look old and 80's and the paint isn't helping because of the shape of the doors. (Kind of a cathedral panel). Maybe it's the white paint, being too white.... but I think I need a little rich color in there....

Next step to pull the room together, is to get the paint tomorrow and begin painting the huge mirror frame. I'm planning on getting a silver base, with a pewter glaze and some black glaze to give it an aged look. (But not too aged). I'm just going to wing it and see what happens..... but I have to get started on it ASAP, as I can't tell what direction to go with the cabinet base until I figure that out. Oh.... and that base, I am so tempted to strip all the paint I just did and stain it. Yikes! Sssshhhh..... Don't tell dh.... I don't think he'll like it very much! And to be truthful, neither will I! Who knew re-doing a bathroom would be so difficult!

No comments: