Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Sometimes you win...sometimes you lose....

Tonight was one of those losing nights.... when you are all excited to go shopping, you have been anticipating it, you know what your looking for, or at least have a plan.... and then nothing goes your way. You forget your list, or you forget *something* you need, or you end up finding nothing that works. Perhaps it's the very outfit you want, but the store is out of every size but 2. Or it's a weekend anticipating yard sales, only to find nothing. Or a trip to the grocery store, and your list and coupons are sitting on the kitchen counter.

Well this evening I went out by myself to begin shopping for the bathroom. (Scouting, pricing and getting paint samples). So, 1/2 way to Hobby Lobby to look at the mirrors (which are 50% off by the way), I realize that I forgot the shower curtain at home. So, now I don't have it to pull colors out for the walls. Bummer. It's so much easier when you remember the fabric. I found a mirror that I actually liked at Hobby Lobby, but it was a little too small for our bathroom. Ugh. The vanity is really long, and so if I'm going to put one large mirror, it's going to have to be really long. The one at HL was not long enough. How do I know? Well, unfortunately the small tape measure that I carry in my purse for shopping trips like this, was also left at home. I called dh to get the measurements and I had just measured our dining room mirror, so I could eyeball it and see it wasn't long enough. Bummer. So, then I got to thinking about 2 rectangular mirrors, or two oval mirrors instead of one mirror.

After Hobby Lobby is was about 7:20, so I decided to head down to Southeastern Salvage to look at their mirrors and see if I could doctor one up. Plus I wanted to price lighting fixtures and faucets and see if I liked any of them. Well I get there and there are a ton of people (employees in the parking lot). I'm not sure what is going on, but they are milling around by the entrance. (My first thought is strike line, but then I didn't think it looked that bad, and I saw no signs). :-) So, I park and get out only to be informed that they are closed and are actually having a store meeting. Sigh. It was 7:30 and apparently they close everyday during the week at 7pm. *sigh*

So, after that I went to Home Goods, to look at their mirrors... (nothing I liked). And then headed to Lowes to look at paint samples. I picked a ton to take home and hold up to the curtain and the wall. My Belle Grove Buff that I painted the living room, was a close contender, just a little light. Dh liked Churchill Hotel Wheat, and I am almost positive that we still have a Lowe's audition of that one, as it was also in the running for the living room walls. Shoot we have a ton of paint samples I bet. I think I even have the white color that we'll do the cabinets and trim in. But I digress...

So, I check out the paint, go and look at (of all things), garage doors. (Like that is even a reality). And then on to check out the lighting and faucets. To which I decided that I need to finish painting everything first and then go look for all three (mirror, lighting, faucets), when I know more of what I am looking for. (Finish, size, shape etc) So, that was my evening. Came home late to watch the Biggest Loser. And now I'm wiped out, so I'm going to bed. Perhaps I'll dream about the bathroom, and some ideas will come to me!

2 comments:

Mamosa said...

Try the liquidation center on Hwy 41 in Ringgold (but closer to Graysville). I absolutely love that place...even better than Southeastern Salvage. I recall seeing a faucet there like Pottery Barn, but I don't think it was a wideset (or I would have gotten it!).

Mama Fish said...

Thanks Michelle! I never heard of it, and I love finding new places like that! I'll check it out!