Friday, October 5, 2007

Weekend Plans...

Oh I've got big ol' weekend plans for our house... lol! My parents were supposed to come in this weekend on their way down south. Their trip was delayed for several reasons, and so instead of driving 8 hours out of their way from my sister's house, they will head directly to Florida. I'm not bummed, as I know I'll see them again in a month for Thanksgiving.

What does this mean for this weekend? Well, since I won't be entertaining guests...it means house projects. Also, it just hit me that I have a month and a half until everyone descends upon my house for Thanksgiving. I'm soooo not ready! There were so many things I envisioned having done before this event... but time and monetary resources have kept us from it.

So here are the grand plans for the weekend:

Clean out the garage- We'll be moving things around a lot to create space so at least I can park in the garage! That would be nice...and then maybe my car would stay clean!

Prime the bathroom walls- The bright blue color on the walls has got to go! (I have to remember to take before pictures of that bathroom!)

Begin priming the bathroom cabinets- I am going to update my kids bathroom cabinets with paint. Creamy white to be exact. This should do wonders for making the space look bigger... (and the wall color will help a lot too).

I will have to wait on the sink fixtures, light fixtures bathroom accessories, and mirrors. Those will cost money, and we are trying to get out of debt completely...so those will have to wait. But those are also simple to install and when the time comes will really make the bathroom look great. I have a shower curtain that I bought when we first moved in. It has all the colors that I want to draw into the bathroom. I'll take a picture of it as well so you can see the general direction I am going.

That's the weekend plan! Pretty ambitious isn't it? Yep.....We'll see how we do!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Boy, you will be busy this weekend! I have some big decluttering plans my self! It is starting to cool down now, finally! We may have fall after all!

Donna Scott

jeannie said...

You are going to SO BUSY...

Ummm, will you get it all done? (LOL)
I will cross my fingers that you do..

jeannie