Saturday, October 20, 2007

Weekend Plans...

It's hard to believe the weekend is here already! Seems like I was just posting last weekend's house plans to my blog.... or even the weekend before. Time moves so quickly...

The men in my family went camping last evening, so I am without a car. Dh's car broke down on Thursday evening and is in the shop. We are not sure when it will be back to us, so I will most likely be without a vehicle for part of next week.... or I'll be getting up at O' dark thirty, to take him into work. UGH! Anyway, enough about car troubles.... when the gentlemen return today, we will be heading to Southeastern Salvage to get a mirror. I found a mirror that I like, it's certainly large enough to fit the space and is decorative. However, the finish is not quite what I was looking for. I could search out what I want, but I'll have to pay dearly for it, as most large mirrors are really expensive. I found this one for $89. When you see the size you will be amazed. So, now I have to work on painting the frame of the mirror to look more like a satin nickel finish. I found some silver metallic glaze at Lowe's and some pewter as well for the darker spots on the mirror. Its going to a difficult process, as I have never done something like this before, and I can't find the instructions I need online. I've antiqued our furniture before and gave it a new life....but this is totally different! I'll have to see the mirror up on the wall first. Maybe I'll paint it a mahogany color. I have decided to go with the brushed nickel fixtures, as I agree with Michelle, that they will have more longevity.

I found a brushed nickel faucet at Southeastern Salvage, but it had yellow undertones, and no matter how I looked at it, or in what light....it still showed. So, I'll also be hitting Lowes, Home depot, and a lighting store to find the faucets, and to look for some lighting. Who knows though the price was the best at SE Salvage....so I may just get the faucets (yellow tinted and all), if I can't afford anything else.

The cabinets are still not finished! Yikes! That's my job and I am dropping the ball! This weekend, I really plan on finishing them.... .....really, I do....... :-) Dh will be changing out the baseboard in the bathroom, to match the boys bedroom. (The wide stuff) He still needs to fix the window trim, but I can live with that for awhile. We just really want to make that bathroom usable once again......

That's the plan for the weekend. It's going to be a busy one again!

No comments: