Saturday, October 20, 2007

Progress Update...

Well, the light fixtures are up and I like them a lot.... They aren't pottery barn, as far as price goes, but they are updated and they didn't cost us an arm and a leg. We did buy the faucets at SE Salvage. They were 1/2 the price of the faucets elsewhere....so we couldn't justify spending more. So, dh is installing those as I type. We found a mirror as well at Southeastern Salvage. It is 76" long by 36" wide. A huge mirror! Unfortunately it is not in the right finish that I need, so I will be getting some paint and glaze out to begin to make it look different.

The cabinets.... um... yes, the cabinets.... hmmmm. Well, I haven't exactly gotten to those yet. Sigh. Soon I hope. I think I did realize that the white color is too white on the cabinets, now that I have everything else going on in there. So, I'm going to hold off a little bit more and see what I think. :-)

I'll try to post a picture of the mirror sitting on top of the vanity, leaning against the wall. Just so you get a picture of the finish it is, and how it just doesn't work with brushed nickel. But one thing dh and I noticed immediately is that it opened up the whole space... making it feel so much bigger. That bathroom is narrow, so the mirror did the trick.

Okay, back to work, cleaning the kitchen......um I mean painting the cabinets....

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I can't wait to see the pictures! Great deal on the mirror and faucets- you have to feel good about that!
Get painting girl!