Saturday, October 13, 2007

Drum Roll Please.....

I found a color! Woohoo! It's on the walls and so far I love it. It's called Sand 2 by Laura Ashley. Lighter than the shower curtain, so it should stand out nicely.... and I think it is dark enough to set off the white cabinets. Funny story.... as dh was heading out to pick up the paint, he drove by and stopped to chat with our neighbor.

Neighbor: Where ya headed?
DH: To pick up some paint.
Neighbor: Didn't you just get some?
DH: Oh yeah, we have a plethora of paint samples in the garage and on the wall right now. But this is "the" color....so I'm headed out to get "the" can of paint.
Neighbor: I have a label maker.

LOL! I don't know whether he wanted to offer to label all our paint cans, or if he was suggesting to my dh to put "the" color label on one of the cans we owned. But I cracked up when I heard it.

As far as the cabinets... I painted the first coat this evening, and will look to see if the color is okay. I may need to go with a slightly darker shade of white. I'll try to post progress pictures tomorrow.

No comments: