Sunday, October 14, 2007

Bathroom in Progress.

Here are some photos of the remodeling progress so far:

This is the paint color , next to the shower curtain. There is only one light in the bathroom at the moment, and so the picture is dark and not very good. The color is actually, more of a beige yellow.

This is cabinet central... where I paint the cabinets in the evenings. So obviously we entertain no one since it's set up in our living room.


Here are some almost finished cabinet drawers. One more coat of paint and then the clear enamel sealer. We use Krylon's clear satin spray seal on our cabinets. We did this in our home in PA, and the cabinet never chipped, and wiped down beautifully.



Here is the cabinet base with two drawers painted as well. I really have to see everything in to see if the color is going to work or not.


Finally, I had to take a picture of just a sink, so I had a before picture for when we change out the faucets.

Speaking of faucets, and then going on to light fixtures and cabinet hardware. I am at a crossroads as far as design, and I'm not sure which way to go. I really like the look of the oil rubbed bronze that is more or an antique look. I think it would set off the bathroom beautifully. It's very rich in color. But if I did it in the bathroom, then we are talking door handles, hinges and then wanting to have continuity in the whole house. So, I am really debating between the polished nickel and the oil rubbed bronze. Here are two pictures of each so you can see what I'm talking about. Part of me wonders if the darker color will have as much longevity as the brushed nickel..... anyway, it's definitely going to take some thinking on my part. Especially with the mirror (which I haven't found yet).











3 comments:

Mamosa said...

Okay, my opinion (having debated the very same thing): go with the brushed nickel. I believe that the trend for the rustic metals will eventually go out. At least with the brushed nickel you won't be wanting to change them out in 5 years. Although, I DO love the oil rubbed bronze...

Mama Fish said...

That's the kind of advice I need. Thanks Michelle! Deep down, that is what I am thinking as well...exactly. But my heart really likes the oil rubbed bronze. So I am split 50/50 right now. Practical, longevity...vs what I like. lol! Although the thought of having to change out the whole house door knobs and all again in 5 years would really not thrill my husband. lol! I'll probably go practical....

Anonymous said...

We went with the nickel throughout our home. We thought it would be easier to match up. Then of course, our hallway light fixture isn't, but I just fell in love with it and was side tracked. :o)