Sunday, October 7, 2007

Painting, Parking and other things....

****If anyone can tell me why my typing starts out spaced one way and after I load pictures ends up getting crammed to single space, please let me know.... I am a perfectionist in regards to layout, and that frustrated me!*****

I am very excited.... I can now officially park in the garage! Yeah!! It has been cleared out of things and dh moved lots of stuff around. I'm so thrilled to finally park there, that I feel like going to the car wash and getting my car cleaned, just for the occasion! I never go through the car wash... we just don't bother because it just gets dirty anyway. But I think tomorrow I just may clean out the inside of the car and then head out to the car wash and get the whole thing sparkling clean!

Dh has the primer done on the walls and I have 1/2 the cabinets primed. So, I'll have lots more to do with that as the week progresses. I have been thinking about what direction I am going in the bathroom. It's funny, but today I had a thought that I'm not exactly the type that pre plans every aspect of a room, and then goes and finds all the stuff.... nope, it kind of develops naturally as a sort of process...kind of like an artist painting a canvas. That is how I design the rooms in my house.

Anyway, I had an idea, and then I sat down and started second guessing that idea. (Not good when you have already painted!). I am second guessing whether I should have painted those cabinets, or instead should I have stained them a dark walnut. I think the dark walnut would certainly be richer, but in that small and narrow bathroom, I think it would make it appear smaller. So, I think I'm okay with the creamy white cabinets. I'm probably going to pull a pale buttery yellow out of the shower curtain and then use some sage accents and even a few red accents. There are so many colors to chose from in that curtain, but the feel I'd like to give the bathroom is airy casual cottage feel.

Here is the sink faucet that I like from pottery barn that is $349. Not happening! (I like the color in that photo, but maybe a little darker). As to the faucet....I'll try to find one to mimic this as best as I can. I'm still stuck on mirrors and lighting too. The mirrors that are up there now, are too small for the space. (Or I might update and re-use them). I really like this long mirror from pottery barn with the sconces. Just don't like the finish on the sconces. Well let me clarify, I love the look, but it isn't what I'm going for in an airy cottage feel.... lol! Anyway, here are the photos. The sink faucets I will look for in a satin finish.... and perhaps same for the light fixtures. I may also do two larger oval mirrors with a double sconce on top of each one, or a single sconce on each side. So many decisions!

Love this faucet!









Like this mirror, but the wall color is too yellow for me.

2 comments:

Susan said...

What great taste you have!!! I love all the projects you've shown us!

jeannie said...

You are going to PAINT the BOYS bath YELLOW? WHAT? You cant do that.... (maybe I miss read, if I did OPPS)

jeannie